Monday, April 7, 2014

Sucess and Failure

When I am successful, I am meeting a variety of psychological needs through an intentional activity, a process in which I give time/effort and receive some sort of rewarding situation.  Once I made 1000 origami cranes.  That situation achieved me an extensive amount of positive social admiration and appreciation.  You see, I hung a good portion of them to fill up the ceiling of the coffee shop business I work at.  I did it for free, and it was a complete surprise to my post-modern art enthusiast boss.  Even his boss liked it.  Everyone liked it because when the customers walked in they were just amazed by the suspended sea of swaying origami, or some of them didn't look up at all.  Anyway, I just achieved this by doing.  My mind imagined the idea, visualized it's creation with every step, and then I simply did it.  

Right now I'm having failure in this blog project because I have been improperly visualizing and doing.  My plan for it's creation was to schedule shows, do my best to prepare, and then play and film the shows.  Since the project began I have performed 5 times, but I failed in the steps of preparing and filming.  The purpose of expending the effort within this practice was to establish the tools for great, enjoyable music playing for people around me.  I was going to perform, reflect and analyze, and direct the experience by revising and improving my practices.  

The more I fail, the more inclined I am to fail.  Obviously, I want to start succeeding.  So, at this point I will simply use what I have.  I will tell the story of every performance one post at a time.  I will recall them as accurately as possible and compare them to how close they are to my vision of the great, like able performance... which will follow into a method to move from where I am to there.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you made those cranes that I admire every time I'm in that building! It must have taken a lot of time. Putting that kind of effort into something you deem worthwhile is certainly rewarding. I look forward to seeing that here!

    ReplyDelete